Reading books to little ones is so important! Here are some tips for making baby reading time important.
- Choose books that have rhythm
- Black and White colors will keep their attention and focus
- Read the same book over and over for familiarity of sound and understanding
- Choose to read at a routine time as reading can aid in bedtime routine or even helping develop coping skills
- Board books are great because they can touch, feel, and even chew on them and they are okay
- Let your little one turn the pages as they get older. Again board books are great for this
- Enjoy your time with you little one. Remember reading may last for a moment but the love and time you shared will make an impact forever.